Embraced by Pure Love
If you do this with a group, here is an outline:
Welcome (10 min)
- Make sure everyone is welcome and knows each other. Do introductions as needed.
Use an ice-breaker question (Very
easy to answer and non-threatening)
Were you taught any hymns or Christian songs as a child? If so, what were they? If not, share your earliest memory of a song that had a very positive meaning for you?
Opening Prayer (1 min) –
[Singing] (5 min)
- You are someone in your group might lead this
- You could also listen to some worship music from time to time.
Sharing your faith (in groups of 3) (10 min)
How have you experienced God recently in your life? or God has been in your life this past week, did you recognize him, are you watching for God moments?
- The power of this question comes when you ask it every time you meet. If people expect it they will start noticing God in their life more. If you do it in groups of 3 you can keep the time to 10 minutes
Reflecting on the Bible reading you have been doing this week
- Have someone read the passage
- Discuss observations about the text.
- Summarize the Sunday message using the message insert.
Possible questions for discussion:
- Which verses were most meaningful to you? Do you want to share any reflections or comments you have for one of the day’s readings?
- On a scale of 1 – 10 what is the level of your enthusiasm for Christ today and the ministry to which he has called you? What would you like it to be? How might that happen?
- Name one person you love. Why do you love them? How is that love expressed
- The children’s song says “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so?”Do you have confidence and assurance that Jesus loves you? What does this mean to you as an adult? How does it shape your life?
- The cross of Jesus is the clearest way to experience the pure love of God. What does this mean to you?
Ask the mission mandate question (at least once a month)
- How are we (as individuals or a group) fulfilling our mission mandate? ( This will vary from group to group depending on your mission focus.)
- As a reminder our general mission mandate is: "to stand with people Jesus misses most and include them in his life-changing, world-transforming family of faith”.
Share prayer for each other and Refreshments