Welcome to Good Sam UMC
We are glad you came to our web site to visit us. We are a multicultural congregation near Homestead & Wolfe Roads in Cupertino, CA. with a passion to build and grow Jesus' disciples. You can find us next to Ranch 99 and Starbucks. Contact us if you have any questions or prayer concerns. The drop-down menu above provides links to information about GSUMC.
Our English Worship is at 9:00 AM most Sundays, and our Mandarin worship is at 11:00 am. See the menu item "Our Ministries" for more information on everything we do. If you are new to our congregation, please see our welcome page in the Connect menu.
We hope you will join us this Sunday. All means all. All are welcome at our church. We are a church known for accepting LGBTQ. John Wesley said: If your heart is with my heart, give me your hand. We believe that. We are also known widely for our ESL and Citizenship classes.
News and Events
- 11/8-12/6 Family Giving Trees campaign
- 11/20 All Church Thanksgiving Dinner – 6:30 pm
- 11/24 Preschool Thanksgiving Potluck Lunch – 11:30 am
- 11/28 Hanging of the Greens
- 11/29 First Sunday of Advent
- 12/3 Job Seeker's Seminar Interview – 10:00 am
- 12/7 All Church Conference – 7:00 pm
- 12/11 Preschool Christmas Program – 5:00 pm
- 12/12 Christmas Sing-Along
- 12/19 Christmas Musical
- 12/24 Christmas Eve Candlelight Worship – 7:00 pm
- 12/25 Korean Methodist Church Christmas Worship – 9:00 am
The week of November 15th
Adopt-a-Miracle Wednesday Fun Night
November 18, 7-9 p.m. (Special Holiday Workshop)
In November the Good Samaritan UMC Adopt-a-Miracle program sponsor a Christmas Holiday Workshop for the ladies. They select gifts for their children, wrap them while they are at Good Sam. Many mothers will be separated from their children during this blessed season, what joy it brings to them to be able to give the gifts we have to share.
Please bring new or gently-used items such as clothing for children of all ages, shoes, toys, games, costume jewelry. Please begin looking for items. Please mark your donation items “AAM Christmas” and leave them in the Fellowship Hall next to the door marked AAM by Sunday, 11/15/2015. For more information, contact Mary Chapman or Frances Bartholomew.
All Church Thanksgiving Dinner
Friday, 11/ 20 at 6:30pm
Let us come together and give thanks to God for a fruitful year, a year of working together building God’s Kingdom. Let us come together and honor our differences. Mark your calendar and start thinking about what holiday food you can contribute to this wonderful feast. A signup sheet will be circulated starting next week. If you have ideas on how better to celebrate this great holiday, please contact Helen Kung at firstname.lastname@example.org
13th Annual Coat and Soup Ministry
Sat. 12/12/2015 9 am to 2 pm @ Grace Baptist Church
An event to serve families in need-- sponsored by multiple churches in the Silicon Valley. Donations needed for Coats (new or slightly used) all sizes, New clothing items (socks, scarves, hats, gloves, tents, blankets, sleeping bags, underwear) Hygiene Kits – toothbrushes, mouthwash, razors, toilet paper, soap, lotion, combs, Kleenex, shampoo, conditioner, chapstick, sanitary napkins. Please bring your donation items to church until December 6th. You can also volunteer to organize and distribute items closer to the event date. Contact Rev. Cilinda Miranda at email@example.com
Faith-in-Action Thank You Youth for your Amazing gRace
There was much rejoicing at the Rotating Shelter Board meeting when $465.25 was turned in, compliments of our Youth! What an gAMAZING amount collected in just 3 days during the Labor Day Weekend. Stop a Youth and say Thanks for this incredible feat! That's not all.
Remember the big Coca Cola bottle that we dropped our loose change into? Well, we contributed $231.00. Kudos to everyone who put in some coins or a bill. Remembering what this is for: Each of the 15 men is given 8 quarters per week for their personal laundry. So our total of 2,784 quarters means that our congregation supplied 23 weeks of laundry.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Men's Rotating shelter News
- The men will be moving in December to Congregational Community Church on Bernardo Ave @ Remington Drive in Sunnyvale. This is a very small congregation with less than 50 in membership. They have offered up their facility, but need assistance with dinner preparation. Please contact Patty @ 408 973-8788 or Flo @408 245-3218 if you can help to provide a meal for 15 men.
- Each year at Christmas, each man is given a $25.00 gift card to Target. If you would like to purchase one, we will put 4 envelopes on the Giving Tree. Please put the card in the envelope and return to Patty or Flo. Thank you for your consideration for either of these needs.
The Holiday Wish Drive- Family Giving Trees
Bringing joy during the holidays through giving.
Since 1990, the Family Giving Tree has fulfilled gifts wishes for over one million Bay Area children and from low-income households, because we hold firm the belief that no child should feel forgotten during the holidays. In 2014 alone we fulfilled 71,600 holiday wishes. Look for the tree soon and fulfill the wishes of a child or two. You can also volunteer for sorting in the warehouse. For more information, contact John Cordes
The Good Samaritan Church Newsletter is back!
- To read and download the newest edition of the Newsletter, click here.